Children in court need lawyers of their own. We’re working to make sure they have them.
From babies to young adults, youth in court should be seen, heard, and represented.
- New Video: Counsel for Kids Promote Race Equity
- Pending Legislation Across the Country to Advance Children’s Right to Counsel
- Providing high quality legal representation in child welfare cases provides better outcomes for kids – By Doris Fransein
- Montana Legislators Advance Counsel for Kids Legislation
- CBS Sunday Morning Underscores Systemic Problems; Counsel for Kids is Part of the Solution
In 14 states, the one person at the center of a child welfare case is also the one person who doesn’t get their own lawyer. Does your state guarantee counsel for kids?
Children experiencing foster care should have lawyers of their own.