Children in court need lawyers of their own. We’re working to make sure they have them.
From babies to young adults, youth in court should be seen, heard, and represented.
- NACC Virtual Training Series: High-Quality Legal Representation for Infants and Toddlers
- Counsel for Kids Service Opportunity
- Counsel for Kids Mid-Year Update
- Montana Passes Counsel for Kids Legislation
- NACC Releases Policymaker’s Guide to Counsel for Kids as States Fail to Guarantee Legal Representation, Tap Federal Funds
In 13 states, the one person at the center of a child welfare case is also the one person who doesn’t get their own lawyer. Does your state guarantee counsel for kids?
Children experiencing foster care should have lawyers of their own.