Children in court need lawyers of their own. We’re working to make sure they have them.
From babies to young adults, youth in court should be seen, heard, and represented.
- Montana Passes Counsel for Kids Legislation
- NACC Releases Policymaker’s Guide to Counsel for Kids as States Fail to Guarantee Legal Representation, Tap Federal Funds
- Sarah Bryer Consulting Evaluates Counsel for Kids Campaign
- New Video: Counsel for Kids Promote Race Equity
- Pending Legislation Across the Country to Advance Children’s Right to Counsel
In 13 states, the one person at the center of a child welfare case is also the one person who doesn’t get their own lawyer. Does your state guarantee counsel for kids?
Children experiencing foster care should have lawyers of their own.